Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our Easter weekend ( April 18th- 20th 2014)

 To start it off the boys played so very good and quite together with there legos they got for Christmas from Unlce Brenton and Aunt Aly. It was music to my ears. Tate built and apple tree, airplane and some numbers. Peyton on the other hand got the two smallest legos and built a miniature gun because he loves anything small. A very good and quite Friday evening.

 Tex shaved his beard and had some fun while doing it, me and Tate were talking in the bedroom and Tex walked in to show us the awesome creation on his face. All the while Paisley is taking a shower in the bumbo probably getting flicks of Tex beard on her. :) That night while Tate and I were talking he asked me about how his spirit got inside his body and asked how he got his physical body, I opened a can of worms when I told him that me and daddy made it for him. Of course then he wanted to know how we made it for him? I love how inquisitive he is but honestly makes me nervous, I really hope I can do a good job answering his questions. 

 Saturday morning we dyed Easter eggs and all though very fun it was a little crazy too. Some of our egg dye got spilled and the technique of being soft with the eggs is not totally understood by my little Peyton so a few of the eggs ended up on the floor and then he still picked it up and put it in a cup of dye. Some of the eggs were a brown color cause they were having to much fun with the colors. O well kids will be kids!



 Later that day around 2:00 pm we walked down to the Sunny Isles baseball park where they have an annual egg scramble, they have designated areas for the different age groups so I went with Tate and Tex went with Peyton. It  was crazy hot but we stayed for a while and then went swimming when we got home.




 The Easter Bunny came and brought lots of yummy candy and a few fun gifts like bouncy balls and bubbles and maybe new swimming suites for the boys and a cute little outfit for Paisley. That morning this is how I found my husband and little girl on the couch. The past few mornings Tex has gotten up with her when Its 7 am and she is ready to eat again but he ends up just staying on the couch with her. This was her first Easter and even though she won't remember it I will.

                                                      My handsome boys!!
 As you can tell Peyton was not excited to be taking pictures, my kids get an over load of pictures cause I love them so much.
 Sunday afternoon we went to the park with all our friends from the ward and did another little egg hunt for the kids and had deserts.











This was one of those mornings Tex slept on the couch with her in the very early morning and I felt so blessed at this very moments to have such an amazing husband who is an exceptional daddy. He is a hands on dad and it means the world to me. I didn't know it when I was young or even dating but its something that I am lucky to have. My kids love Tex because he knows  all the lines as a parent, discipline, friendship, role model etc.. I feel confident that as our children get older they will want and feel comfortable going to there dad for advice or problems they are working through.  It is such a source of comfort to me knowing they have that in there dad.





I am writing about our Easter weekend on Monday of course (April 21st 2014) and today was also a very memorable day because only one week from his birthday and practicing about three times Tate got the hang of riding his bike and both Tex and I were so proud of him. He even asked me today if he would forget how to ride his bike? Mom when you learned to ride your bike did you forget? Or do you still remember? Will I forget how to ride my bike? You will not forget I promise buddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment