Tuesday, October 29, 2013

If you love me keep my commandments

Yesterday I was driving the boys to the church for a practice of the primary program that was the next day. I have been feeling so weary of raising these high energy boys on my own, this morning was no different. About half way to the church building  Peyton said Mom I love you. This is not unusual he tells me multiple times a day but because I was feeling so frustrated I did respond as quickly, although my response would have been and always be I love you too, instead a phrase ran through my mind really quickly. " If you love me, keep my commandments." for me it ment  " Boys if you love me please just be obedient and stop throwing fits.  There is no way for me to adequately express this moment I had but it was as if the Lord was speaking right to my spirit and flipping the coin in a way teaching me that his love is always there whether I deserve it or not he loves me, I am his child you can't take that love away not even frustration with your children diminishes this love but If  I LOVE HIM I will willing keep his commandments. Just as my love never changes for my kids It would make me so happy and I would feel the love behind the word if they would be obedient. The Lord loves us all so much but he knows of our love for him when we keep his commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment