Monday, July 8, 2013

Old Nauvoo :)

 I know I did not capture on my little phone what I saw or felt in Nauvoo but here are a few of the pictures that I took. I loved it there so much! These first picture are some of the past times of those who lived in 1840.




 This was from what I understand one of Joseph Smith's favorite games! Tate lost to Kade but it was so cute to watch.

 In another building they had how to make candles, bread, barrels, pottery, and rope. Tate got to help and then they let us take the rope home.
 We visited so many homes.. John Taylor, Wilford Woodruf,  Heber c. Kimball, the home stead where Joseph and Emma lived, the Old mansion, The final resting place of Joseph, Emma and Hyrum.


                                This was the home stead.
 I was able to watch a dress rehearsal of the Nauvoo Pagenet
 We drove down Parley street right to were the saints had to enter the Mississippi river and cross to head to the rocky Mountains.

 These two pictures were in Wilford Woodrufs home and I  thought it was so interesting how they lived, I really wish they were the ones that were greeting us into there homes and could take us on a tour of these wonderful places that they lived.

 Carthage Jail was an experience all of its own. There is really no way to describe it unless you were there! This is the window that he fell out of when they shot him, walking into this room was such a sacred experience I will never forget it. To walk were he walked to be in the very room he was, it was incredible! I am not very good at expressing my self so I am going to leave it at that. I hope to go back someday and experience it again.
i


No comments:

Post a Comment