Friday, March 21, 2014

Yay I turned 30

 So I turned 30th this March and Tex did the funnest decorating and party a girl could ask for. Sunday was the 9th so after church when we came home he made me go in our room with Paisley and did not let us come out for like 3 hours. He put all these beautiful balloons,streamers,flowers, yummy diner, and way fun presents. I wanted this watch from Swatch so bad and he totally got it for me. The boys picked out gifts for me as well, Peyton got me girl soap and Tate got me a candle. Very thoughtful gifts. We had a few friends over later for some delicious ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone Ice cream, It was a wonderful day. It is crazy to be 3o years old but I am hoping for good things the next 10 years and am determined to make them count!



We celebrated our 8 year Anniversary the very next day and it was so fabulous! We rented a tandem bike and rode down the Holly Wood board walk all the way to the pier at Dania beach and back. We had lunch at a place right on the board walk called the Taco spot it was very yummy. We ended the day with Ben and Jerry's ice cream and headed back to pick up the kiddos. I will be honest and say that the last 8 years of my life and I am sure if Tex was here he would agree, it has had it's really rough times and we have both wondered if we could do it? I am here to say we can and it's so worth it! Life is not meant to be easy or fun all the time but I think we would both agree that we have had some really amazing ups and I am so grateful for my husband. He teaches me things I know I could not have learned from any ones else,  He is so fun, very intelligent and so driven he is also the BEST dad and that is definitely one thing every woman wants for her precious children. We have lots a head of us but we are going to do it together and life is way more fun to do together than alone.

 I love this quote by are beloved prophet-

 “Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling burst of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
Gordon B. Hinckley


 Paisley's first time in the bumbo! I love this little girl so much, I am totally smitten with her.

 Yesterday was our Match day where we found out where we would be spending the next 3 years for residency. This picture was taken 10 min before we found out. Are Residency is going to be here in South Miami. The Hospital Tex will be working at is Jackson South Hospital. It's going to be a hard first year and we have had Tex around a lot lately so the first year is going to be an adjustment for us but we have done it before so we can do it again!

 Later that night we decided to take the kids on a night walk on the beach and see if we could find any nesting sea turtles, we didn't find what we set out for but instead we found a cool sand crab and our not afraid of anything dad picked him up and let the boys hold him. It made for a really fun night and left the beach feeling a little more confident that we can make living in Florida for 3 more years work. :)




1 comment:

  1. I have to say I am very impressed with how he decorated. Awesome job!! And your place is looking very homey after all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete