Monday, November 12, 2012

Lice

 The day after Halloween we were so Excited cause Tex was done with all his Exams and has a lighter month so we played all day had chipotle for dinner and came home and got every one ready for bed. The boys did not take naps so they were both tired specially Peyton! We had everything arranged for the next day to go to the temple. It was about 10:00 and Peyton was itching his head like Crazy!!! I told Tex he had been for a day or too, so with a flash light he started looking through his hair he feel asleep on his belly while we were looking and that is when we found the Lice :(!!!!!!!!! by then it was  10:30 and his head was crawling with them, Tex went to go get the lice shampoo while I went a little crazy I started cleaning and washing and Cloroxing (found our later most of what I was doing was not helping) We had to wake up Peyton to do the shampoo wait 10 min and wash it out then put the gel that was suppose to kill the egg's or (Nit's) again found out later that it does nothing) rinsed that out and did it to Tate even though when we looked through his hair we didn't see anything. Then put the boys to bed and around 12:30 and started on my hair then Tex. We ended up going to bed around 2:30 and did not go to the temple. I cleaned all morning kept washing things. When the boys woke up I took off the bed sheets an pajamas and put them in the wash. I think I very literally was going crazy so Tex said lets get out of hear, so we went to our favorite place Miami seaquarium. We found a huge iguana the Tex chased around trying to catch and when he finally did he broke his tail off.



 It was nice to be out of the house for a while! Saturday when I was out running some errands I called a sister in our ward to tell her to tell her husband that my husband would not be able to teach because he would be home with our kids. She had been told about our head visitors and asked about them, her family has had it twice in the past so she has had her fare share of experiences with Lice. I told her what I had been doing and that is when I found out that some of what we were doing was not really going to help. She told me that the only way to be sure you are getting everything is to get the stainless steal comb that you order online. like I said must have been going nuts cause I started crying( that is all that really needs to be said) I didn't know what I was doing and felt like the bugs were never going to go away. This amazing women offered to bring the comb and drive 40 min on a Saturday evening to comb through my family's hair and I accepted. She will for ever be a Hero to me for the service that she gave to my family. She has been available and willing to answer all my questions and I love her so much!!!  This picture of Tex is one of the last nights we combed through each others hair ( we ordered our comb right away) I wish I could make sure that lice ever came back but at least I know what to do if it does and on top of that learned that I would take a cold or even the stomach virus over lice and that I always want for the rest of my life give of my self as Tiffany did for me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment