Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013

 Christmas Eve this year was very fun because we are living with my family so they got to be apart of the fun we have with our little boys. Plus being away for the last few year in Miami made me miss home at the holidays. Its so funny how humans are though, because now I miss the beach on Christmas Eve and decorating our house for Christmas. I will miss home but will be excited to have a place of my own again. Any way this year the boys worked hard to earn quarters and dollar bills to put in their jars to buy each other a gifts, me and Tex took the boys out shopping a few days before Christmas and on Christmas Eve they opened each others gifts. Tate gave Peyton an Iron Man action figure and Peyton gave Tate a power ranger action figure. They opened the Christmas p.js that my mom helped me make for the boys and after my siblings opened from each other we watched the Christmas movie we gave the boys.


 Brenton had me and my family this year for Christmas and he gave the boys a huge box of Legos, Paisley a super cute pink outfit and Tex and I a gift card. The boys (all three of them) played with them while others opened presents.


 Later that night after the kids were in bed and we had written our letter to Santa all the adults watched Scrooge. That movie has the best message, I'll be honest it still gives me the creeps a little but I do love to watch it with my family.
 Santa came to the boys and brought fun things to stay active inside the house like a little tramp and punching bag but also brought the things that they had been asking for. Tate has been asking for all this Power Ranger stuff for more than 7 months and Peyton found these little Iron man action figures that he wanted Santa to bring so BAD. It took all of 7 min to open Santa's presents but it is so fun to be a parent and live in the Christmas spirit with your children.






 I got Tex a tent and some fun stuff for camping. I wish I could have done more but it's a start and we can work on building his emergency back pack over the years.

 This was obviously Paisley's first Christmas and she did not fit into the little Christmas onsie that I put her in, she is growing and getting bigger but she is still not fitting in new born stuff yet. We all love this little girl so much and feel blessed to have her in our lives.




 They loved the gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Orullian more Power Ranger stuff and more Iron man action figures so they were beyond excited. It was such a fun Christmas! We had dinner at my Grandma Orullian's house after we visited Tex's Brother Vaughn and his family and to end the night we went home and watched Ephraims Rescue with my family. Everything went so smoothly and I am grateful to have these memories sense I am sure that it wont happen again soon in the near future. Tex has been missing in action for the last few weeks studying for boards, he takes them January third and its a big deal. If we don't pass the first time we have to pay again to take them and its not cheap. After boards he has interviews in Texas January 8th and then back to Florida first of February for his final semester, match is March 19th and then YAY!! Graduation April 28th. This last year has been so full of wonderful times and really hard times, lots of growing experiences! I think among lots of other things I have learned that this life is full of choices, a choice to be happy, a choice to choose to follow the savior, to be kind the list goes on and on. My one big goal this New year is to choose to be happy no matter the hardship that I am going through. I am not saying its going to be easy or that I will do great at it all the time but I am going to try a lot harder to be happy and to make others happy. I am so grateful for my family for my wonderful husband and my children and so grateful for my parents and siblings. The Lord totally knew what he was doing creating the family unit. Now bring on the New Year!!



1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of us four on the couch. Good good memories shared by all!

    ReplyDelete