Sunday, December 28, 2014

A learning year!

I am about to have diarrhea of the mind. It has been so long sense I have written and I feel like lots has happened. So its my mad rush to remember everything in no order at all.

Two weeks ago on Sunday we were taking our family walks that I love so much and on the way back home it was dark, I looked up at the sky and then down at Tate and asked him if believed that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were really beyond the sky and stars? He said with no hesitation of course I KNOW that, who else could create this whole world except Christ? I grinned at his conviction and said were did you learn that? Tate said church and you. Tate is becoming smarter and wiser and kinder and sweeter the older he gets. Everyday that I am his mom I realize that he was sent to me as a gift and I am thankful everyday for him!

Christmas this year was a total bust! Mostly because my attempt to stay in good moods ended Christmas Eve around 4:00 pm and it didn't really return until around 2:00 pm the next day. I cant blame it entirely on my self some of it had to do with Tex's schedule and the fact that we had very little money to do much at all, well and if I am being honest I had a really hard time being here while all my family (my awesome siblings) were in Utah. My very first Christmas away from my bubble in Utah was in  2010 but Tex had an entire month off of school so although I hated not being in Utah and missed my family very much, we still had Tex around. We did fun festive things like  walks to the Aventura Mall that was all decked out and had a $2 Christmas train ride inside the mall and a little ice cream on the way home. The Gulf stream had a tree lighting that was free that we went to and of course our favorite was spending the day of Christmas Eve at the beach with all our friends.

Any way long story short Tex worked right up to 8:00 pm on Christmas Eve, the house was a mess, I tried to cook a turkey with potatoes and gravy but Paisley pulled at my legs and cried, we didn't get to do the sibling shopping that I feel is so important for the boys, we are living so tight financially  right now that Tex and I were not able to get anything for each other, The skate boards we order for the boys were the wrong kind, I missed my family and more specifically I missed last Christmas. For some reason last year at this time was so magical for me, I miss watching Blue Bloods, Elementary & Mentalist with my mom and dad, watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel while I sat on the  couch down stairs with the fire on learning to nurse my new baby girl, The Christmas Party that my Grandma and Grandpa have every year, taking silly pics with my brothers and sisters, the list could go on and on but needless to say I got into  a mood I could not shake off. I was mad Tex was not home yet, I was mad we didn't have money to do extravagant things, I was mad I wasn't in Utah.  The song that comes to mind is.. Where are you Christmas from the Grinch, I even had moments where I really wanted to tell my boys the truth about Santa and the Elf Criddle. I wanted to feel Christmas in my heart, I wanted traditions that helped us remember Christ I wanted to feel more in control of  my self and so I decided December 25th 2014 that the new year was going to be different. 

I need to do things different this year, I am and need to be more organized I need to save from each pay check for the things that are important to me at Christmas like Christmas cards and buying my husband a gift and doing fun things as a family. So I will start now and put money in a jar that is just for that purpose. I will start in August and make sure Halloween costumes are made and ready, Paisley birthday will be planned and ready to celebrate a week before Thanksgiving so we are actually ready on December 2nd.

   I know life is going to try and change my plans but I really want to own this year.
                                    The year of 2015!
 #1 I need to Exercise and eat Healthy/ get enough sleep ( so you can be a good mom)
#2 I need to get Peyton ready for Kindergarten in August
#3 and I will stop calling home so often, I am going to be 31 for crying out loud. you have your own family Brittany and you have now for almost 9 years lets get our act together!
#4 finish the book of mormon ( your half way)

Also  I have made a list of things for the holiday season next year that I hope will bring the Christmas spirit.
#1 We are going to start a new tradition- We are going to make treats together as a family and take them to people in the ward who need a visit and sing a carol for them.
#2 The kids will buy and give to there school teacher and primary teacher and each other.
#3 I will get my visiting teaching visits done and bring a little gift if I can.
#4 I want to save so we can afford a real christmas tree
#5 stocking that cordinate
#6 Christmas cards and orders early and sent out first of December.
#7 Neighbor gifts
#8 Scones for breakfast and the dough needs to be done the night before Christmas
#9 My friend Christy said the polar express that they do at the zoo is expensive but so worth it. It was $35 a person but if I save maybe we can do that as a family?
#10 Buy my sweet husband a Christmas gift and put it underneath the tree

I want my family to give at Christmas because it truly is the best part, and its what Christ did for us.


                                  Ward Christmas Party December 20th



 Tates Holiday show, I went to it but missed his performance so he did it for me when we got home. They sang the song Summer from Frozen.
                                             Our Elf Criddle.



 The Ward Christmas party Tate and Dad played parts, we got sit with one of our favorite families in the ward the Summers.

                                                Sienna Summers.

 Bass Pro Shops sitting on Santa's lap, Peyton had a lot to tell Santa :)



                                      Cookies for Santa.
                                             Christmas day! Santa brought Skateboards and Grandma and Grandpa Orullian sent new Tennis shoes, movies, crafts, snow cone maker, Paisley got a quite book Grandma made and some cute new clothes and lots of other fun things. We are so thankful for the love and support of our family. Santa also brought somethings called Kinetic sand, it is suppose to be inside sand. I will tell that story tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment